Thursday, December 24, 2009

O Prince of Peace, the world has changed.


This Christmas Eve my thoughts are simple.
I am aware that many people who I know this very night are struggling. I am aware there are many that I don’t know are also having a difficult time in life.
There are times when I wish life could be as innocent as it was when I was a kid. The saying ‘ignorance is bliss’ sometimes feels pretty accurate. And yet I believe there is joy in knowledge. While there may be added darkness sometimes I still feel there is hope.

I have been in times of great darkness in my life. I have felt alone and cut off. I have felt unwanted and unloved. None of these feelings were truly the case but it’s certainly how I felt. Even this Christmas I am struggling with many things in my life. Some are things that are here because of my own doing, some are simply parts of life.
But, for what its worth I want share with everyone who reads this and to everyone else in spirit, that I believe things will turn out okay. I really do. I believe in God’s love though there are times when I forget that belief. To all who need it please know you are not alone. God does care about you and so do I.
May God be with you tonight, if you are feeling low or not; if you struggle with feelings of confidence.
I would be happy to share more with you if need to talk. I am here.

“Oh Prince of Peace, the world has changed but still your truth and love remain.”

Nathan

2 comments:

Groverfam said...

very poignant thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Claire said...

Nathan, it looks like you haven't posted in a while so I don't know if you'll get this... but I just wanted to say what a beautiful post that was. I just "found" your blog, and I know you wrote this in December, but it seems to fit my situation. I know I am not alone. But it sure feels like it sometimes, especially now, and it was good to read that and remember. Thank you for that...