Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Loss for Words


There are not many times in my life that I am really at a loss or words. This is one of those times. (It's been happening a lot recently.) So I thought it would be a great time to do some writing.

I suppose I often am long winded because I have formulated many thoughts on many situations based on past experience. When I get in a similar experience I can draw upon previous thoughts in my mind and share them. I suppose this could be called wisdom, in fact I think it is. Unfortunately when we think we are wise we stop looking for new things and we become damned in our own lives.

Being at a loss for words usually happens when I experience something completely new. Thus there is no past experience for me to draw upon and I get lost.
It is in these times that I realize I am not as great at thinking as I am at remembering.
I suppose that’s not a terrible thing, its just how it is.

Recently I have found myself at a loss for words. It is terrifying because it means I am in un-charted waters. I ramble in the hopes to find my bearings so I can let my true-self shine through, often however this gets me deeper into uncharted waters and I look foolish. Perhaps this is my true self, or at least a soul trying to navigate out of those waters.

The best way out is to not think I always have to move forward. Sometimes I need to think about where to steer the tiller of my words and life before raising the sails.

2 comments:

Groverfam said...

It sounds like you are at a crossroads! You know what road to take- the end of that one is far brighter than the other one.

Nathan D. Lee said...

We cant have a past to grow on until we have first gone through uncharted waters. That is the whole point of life, to find our way. Sometimes we are on our own so we can learn that we cannot do it on our own. It can be tough but the light at the end is a wonderful thing!